Do you want the blessings or the curses? We can now begin rightly dividing the Torah (2 Timothy 2:15) into that which is Covenant and that which is Law, that which is of Faith and that which is of Works, that which is Carnal and that which is Spirit, from Bereshith/Genesis to Gilyana/Revelation with the consistency of the Melchizedek!
Mystery of the Melchizedek - Part 7
Mystery of the Melchizedek – Part 7
Conclusion of the Book of the Covenant & the Book of the Law
The Book of the Covenant – contained “Covenanted Law”, with its Proposal, Agreement and Ratification of Exodus 19:5 – 24:8. There’s no later additions or subtractions (Galatians 3:15).
We’re to keep royal law which is those things connected to the Covenant by virtue of the 5th Commandment (shabbat-the connecting rod) being directly stated ‘My’. ‘My’ Sign, ‘My’ Sabbaths, ‘My’ Feasts, ‘My’ Statutes, ‘My’ Judgments, ‘My’ Laws, ‘My’ Precepts, ‘My’ Voice, ‘My’ Oath, ‘My’ Charge, ‘My’ People.
- The Levitical BoL – contained “Added ‘prescriptive’ (maintenancing) Law”. First announced at Exodus 24:12, first Coined “Book of the Law” at Deuteronomy 29:21, which included several subsequent ‘Multi-Additions’ but none contained the “My” “My voice.”
- The BoC was ‘Agreed’ upon and ‘Ratified’ which means it’s a ‘a ratified agreement’ – (Exodus 19:8, Exodus 24:3).
- The BoL was ‘Added’ because of Transgression (Galatians 3:10, 19) and as such was ‘Imposed’ – (Hebrews 9:10) ‘Agreement’ irrevocably will never equal … and … is in fact the direct opposite of … ‘Imposed’!
- The BoC was the Promised Inheritance (Galatians 3:18) through “the seed” (Galatians 3:19), [To “whosoever will” Luke 9:23]
- This ‘added’ law spoken of in Exodus 24:12 is what brought the destined BoL subsequently containing “the curses of the Covenant” (Deuteronomy 29:21 that are not stated in the Exodus 19:5-24:8 BoC ). It was initially evoked in Exodus 32 marking the first breaking (Transgression Galatians 3:19) of the Covenant less than 40 days after its ‘Agreed- Ratification.
- The ‘Set-Apart (Sanctification)’ of Cov will never equal … and … in fact is the direct opposite of ‘Transgression’ BoL related issues.
- The BoC is one of 3 specifically connected “Abraham” designated “… covenants of promise ” (Ephesians 2:12), that is ‘Set-Apart’ (‘Holy’ – Romans 7:12), that is ‘Spiritual’ (Romans 7:14, James 2:12), that YHWH designates as “My“.
- The BoL contained the ‘enmity law’, ‘contained in ordinances’ (Ephesians 2:15); which also included the Hebrews 7:16 ‘carnal commandments’ and the Hebrews 9:10 ‘carnal ordinances’ that were ‘imposed’ as opposed to the ‘agreed promise’ of Ephesians 2:12 cov’s of promise
- The BoC of itself contained one specific limited family curse (Exodus 20:5 – 4th comm honor your mother and father).The BoL contained “All” other Curses (Deuteronomy 29:21).
- The BoC is the Sinai fulfillment of the Abraham Promise Covenant (Galatians 3:18).
- The BoL was unknown to Abraham – Galatians 3:17 … Issac and Jacob and his 12 sons the patriarchs of each of the 12 tribes of the house of Israel (themselves also some 200+ years removed from the Mt. Sinai event)
- BoC relevance to the NT to counter the charge that you can’t divide the law shows a New Covenant continuity (Exodus 19:6; 1 Peter 2:9) … “Abraham ‘obeyed’ all “My Laws” – Genesis 26:5 / Exodus 24:8 / Jeremiah 31:33 / Hebrews 8:10
- BoC-Ratified-Exodus 24:7-8 directly linked by Paul to Galatians 3:15…No plus or minus-No Additions, No Subtractions.
- BoL is the Added Law – Exodus 24:12 (Galatians 3:10, 19) … Not received by the people till Exodus 32 (Never consented/agreed to/or ratified by or with the people, and as such ‘imposed’ Hebrews 9:10) that Includes Multi-later Additions found in Exodus 25 and on, Leviticus, Numbers and Deuteronomy.
- BoC – ‘Nomos pistis/Torah of faith’ – as ‘Principal law’ agreed to….
- BoL – ‘ergon nomos/BoL of works’ – as ‘prescriptive law’ …imposed
- BoC Everything ‘In’ the Ark – Exodus 25:16/Deuteronomy 9:10 /Hebrews 9:4 …was Set-apart to YHWH … (Deuteronomy 4:13 “perform”<`asah> defined includes Feasts Exodus 20:8/23:14-16)
- Everything BoL – ‘By’ the Ark – As ‘witness’ against us – not a promise to, or for us. (Deuteronomy31:26/Colosians2:14)
- BoL – Man’s – “handwriting of ordinances” Deuteronomy 31:26/Colosians 2:14 (Note – was not voice spoken or finger of “YHWH” written)
- BoC “Covenants of Promise” Ephesians 2:12, 19
- BoL – “witness against” Deuteronomy 31:26/Colosians 2:14
- BoL – “Nailed” taken out of the way Colosians 2:14
- BoL – ‘Reconciled-abolished enmity law’ Ephesians 2:15-16
- BoC – Commandments contained in Covenant
- BoL – …‘commandments contained in ordinances’ at ‘enmity’ Ephesians 2:15 ‘enmity’ is in Direct Contrast to Ephesians 2:12 “Promise”
- “Depart you who practice lawlessness” Matthew 7:23 What Law? “My Law” … Genesis 26:5 – Exodus 24:8, Jeremiah 31:31 and Hebrews 8:10 …Covenant Law!
- Did Yeshua ever out of the Levitical Book of the Law sacrifice for Hissin? NO! Why? Because “Sin” … is the transgression/rebellion of ‘Covenant’ Law … (1 John. 3:4).
- Yeshua walked sinless in Covenant; we are to “walk as He walked” and not sin! 1John 2:3-6
- ‘The offense of Romans 5:20 is a ..‘lapse’ of what? … Covenant! (‘Sins’ Colosians 2:13)
- BoC served as the the Marriage Covenant – Jeremiah 31:31-33/Luke 22:20 if we’re the Bride of the Lamb (Revelations 19:7) then by what Covenant? …… the ‘New Covenant’ … the new Katubah Marriage Covenant.
- Yeshua replaced…BoL – (prescriptive law that atoned for Covenant breaking NOT the reverse) because Neither Righteousness nor Marriage comes by the Levitcal law (Hebrews 7:11).
- The Sinai BoC and the Calvary New Covenant are basically the same ‘Katubah-Marriage’ (Jeremiah 31:32)
- Abraham Promised/Received Covenants … (Ephesians 2:12) … the direct answer to the Genesis 15 ‘Covenant cutting’ and the Genesis 12 YHWH of Himself given ‘oath’
- Yeshua is our ‘Goel’ Kinsman Redeemer/Reconciler Only to Legally Redeem Kinthru Marriage Family Covenant. Look at all the New Testament ‘Family’ terms ‘Bride, Son, Heir, Adopted, Child, Brother, Father, etc.’ (Galatians 4:7)
- BoL –‘Tutor’ till Messiah (Christ/Kinsman Redeemer) Galatians 3:23-24. This tutor law is one in the same as the Galatians 3:1 and Galatians 3:10,19.
- Galatians Hagar and Sarah…the 2 Covenants …one of ‘the free” (James 2:12) which is ‘above’ of ‘promise’ and is ‘spiritual’ the other is of the bond, slave, flesh “cast out” Galatians 4:30 (“imposed”, “carnal” – Hebrews 9:10)
- BoC – Purpose – to foster Free-will, Heart-felt, in the image of YHWH Family Relationship … (Covenant)Fidelity (Galatians 4:1-5).
- BoL-EnforcedFidelity“slave”Galatians 4:24
- “that which remains (Not replaces) is more Glorious” 2 Corintians 3:11 …What Remains? Among other considerations is the Covenant ‘My Law’ of Genesis 26:5 contained in both the …Abrahamic, BoC and Calvary New Covenant (Jeremiah 31:31-33/Hebrews 8:8-10).
- BoL – 2 Chronicles 3:9 ‘ministry of condemnation’ .. Condemning what? … Sin i.e. Covenant Breaking/Infidelity!
- ‘And they overcame [Satan] by the blood of the Lamb and by the word of their testimony (Covenant)’ Revelation 12:11 … Remember: “the blood of the Lamb” is also the ‘ratifying’ Blood of the New Covenant (Hebrews 10:29).
- Yeshua’s ‘Blood Atonement’ is the prescriptive BoL ‘Blood-covering’ replacement… – (that atoned for Covenant breaking that supported Covenant NOT the reverse) Hebrews 7:12
- Revelations 14:12 ‘Here is the patience of the saints: here are they that keep the commandments of YHWH, and the faith of Yeshua’ BoC…&…New Covenant-Commandments (Deuteronomy 4:13/Matthew 19:17/Revelation 22:14 ..“perform” <`asah> – includes Feasts … Faith <pistis> Fidelity … as in Marriage Covenant Fidelity.
- Hebrews 8:6 ‘He (Yeshua) is the mediator of a better covenant, which was … established upon better promises’.
- The Abraham, Sinai and Calvary Covenants are ALL Melchizedec Priesthood Covenants
- Hebrews 7:11…“If therefore perfection were by the Levitical priesthood” (Exodus 40:13-15), … “for under it the people received the law,” … !! Clearly ‘the law’ Exodus 24:12 was ‘received’ AFTER the Book of the Covenant’s Ratification of Exodus 24:8 … ‘&’ … Abraham’s Covenant of Genesis 15 … Clearly ‘the Levitical law and its Priesthood’ were formally installed at Exodus 40 after the BoC was formally ratified at Exodus 24 … Clearly ‘the BoL law’ was ‘Reconciled’ Ephesians 2:16 … At the point of the Crucifixion that ‘Blood Ratified’ the New Covenant Luke 22/Hebrews 8 (Note: the ‘Melchizedek/ Melchisedec’ language of the book of Hebrews, Chapters 5, 6&7).
Please understand that the Bible makes it clear that the sacrifices were not part of the original BoC that YHWH wanted obeyed and that the Levitical sacrifices were added because of the sin of the Golden Calf.
Jeremiah 7:22 For I did not speak to your fathers, or command them in the day that I brought them out of the land of Egypt, concerning burnt offerings or sacrifices. 23 But this is what I commanded them, saying, ‘Obey My voice, and I will be your God, and you shall be My people. And walk in all the ways that I have commanded you, that it may be well with you.’
24 “Yet they did not obey or incline their ear, but followed the counsels and the dictates of their evil hearts, and went backward and not forward. 25 Since the day that your fathers came out of the land of Egypt until this day, I have even sent to you all My servants the prophets, daily rising up early and sending them. 26 Yet they did not obey Me or incline their ear, but stiffened their neck. They did worse than their fathers.
Ephesians Hebraically – Intro
Who were the Ephesians? As we begin our study of the text, we examine the historical and cultural climates for Ephesus, as well as the nature of authorship and theme of the letter.Through spiritual maturity and an indwelling of the Ruach, we move from doctrine and reasoned argument, to doxology and prayer.
Romans from a Torah Covenant Perspective – Intro
Romiyah/Romans is the most influential letter ever written and have impacted theology, politics, civil law, and church doctrine in the West. Classical approaches to this epistle have started Reformations and used to support misogyny. What if our approach to Shaul/Paul’s letter has been wrong? Join our study, as we leave behind traditional interpretations, in favor of the truth of the original language and the context of the whole of Scripture!
Unlocking Galatians Hebraically – Intro
Are you walking in freedom? In the Institutionalized Church, Galutyah/Galatians is used to justify a Christian’s severance from the law of Moshe/Moses. Is this truly the intent of the epistle, divided from the rest of Scripture? Some have found the text to be so problematic that they reject Shaul/Paul altogether. Join us, as we study Galutyah/Galatians!
The Hebraic Epistle of First John – Intro
Are you on the narrow path? The Yochanan/Johannine Epistles are an exposition of those who have gone out from us on the narrow Melchizedek Path, into the esoteric wisdom of men. There is truly nothing new under the sun, as the same perversions that crept into the assemblies of The Way are present with us today.
James the Just – Intro
Yaakov Tzadik, or James the Just: Brother of Messiah, Zealot Leader, and Episcopate of the Jerusalem Assembly. Is this epistle simply an unpacking of Christology, or a guide for practical living among the Melchizedek priesthood? Join us, as we delve into the text itself and the history of it’s author; Yaakov/James!
Hebrews Hebraically – Intro
What is going on with the book of Ivrim/Hebrews? Is it a Pauline epistle? A confirmation of the end of the Law of Moshe/Moses? Damage control from a Jewish ministry, trying to reconcile the outbreak of a highbrow Messianic/Christian Judaism combination? One of the most pro Torah texts in all of the Brit Chadasha/New Testament, the lens with which we use to view this text will drastically impact the context we give it. Join us as we study Hebrews Hebraically!
Mystery of the Melchizedek – Intro
Are you ready to go deeper into your walk of faith? Many know Jesus Christ, but we want to introduce his True Name: Yahusha Ha Moshiach, the Melchizedek (King of Righteousness). Discover the priesthood that provided our redemption and is open to the circumcised of heart!
Mystery of the Melchizedek – Part 2
What is Torah? Everyone has heard of the Book of the Law, but most never hear of the Book of the Covenant. Covenants of promise (Ephesians 2:12) are distinct, traceable throughout Scripture, and they are available to us today.
Mystery of the Melchizedek – Part 3
Didn’t Yahuwah say He would never break his covenant (Psalms 89:34)? When the Promise Covenant (Genesis 12) had a death penalty (Genesis 15) added to it, our sin nature was bound to make things messy. When the Israelites sinned at the Golden Calf, Yahuwah made a preparation in His Torah that would allow us to return to the foundational relationship He originally called us to.
Mystery of the Melchizedek – Part 4
How do we know what is Covenant and what is Law? What happened to the Melchizedek Priesthood? Learn the four elements of covenant that attach back to the Avraham/Abrahamic Covenant and the 19 laws that are outlined by Rav Sholiac Shaul/Rabbi Apostle Paul in the Brit Chadasha/New Testament. Separate from being a nation with priests, to a nation of priests!